Airbnb San Antonio – Everything you need to know!
There are thousands of people who search for Airbnb San Antonio when looking for short term rentals in San Antonio, most are willing to stay in a home of someone they never met, on the other side there are thousands of hosts who are willing to open their homes for a fee to accommodate total strangers they never met, Give them access to your home and hope they don’t steal everything you own, or trash their place.
Airbnb was founded in 2007 by Brian Chesky, Nathan Blecharczyk, and Joe Gebbia in San Francisco. Airbnb operates in more than a hundred ninety countries and is valued at thirteen billion USD.
Airbnb is by far the largest accommodation company in the world with over 1,000,000 rental listings and more than 10 million users worldwide but what makes Airbnb unique is the fact that they don’t actually own any of the properties, Airbnb simply provides a great concept and a great platform for both renters and hosts.
San Antonio started regulating short-term rentals in November 2018 and considered to have the strictest short-term rental properties regulation in Texas. There are currently over 1,700 Airbnb listings in San Antonio.
Airbnb is legal in San Antonio however hosts have to comply with the city’s short-term regulations:
- The host must register with the city and pay a $100 license fee renewable every 3 years for the same fee.
- The city limited the number of rental properties a host can rent out in a is area, the limit is set to 12.5% of the total housing inventory, which means that the host can list only 1 apartment for rent in a building of 8 apartments. Owner-occupied rentals are allowed anywhere as long as the host is living in the rental property.
- Hosts are not allowed to provide their guests with any food or drinks
- Hosts are not allowed to rent their property for large events.
- The host is responsible for collecting and paying the State and county tax
Staying at an Airbnb is a bit like staying with a very attentive friend, more like a guest in a home than a hotel.
SAKeys, same as Airbnb offers a vast array of rental options. Listings vary in cost, size, location, and amenities, SAKeys provides further property information includes details about the space, additional fees, rules and photos of the listing.
If you have any questions or any any rental inquires please contact us!